9.26.2012

The Fault is in Our Stars - John Green ★★★★1/2

Hazel Lancaster, at 16, has Thyroid Cancer. She is terminal. She no longer goes to school.  Her days usually consist of going to a support group (which she hates), watching America's Next Top Model and reading An Imperial Affliction (over and over and over again). Until Augustus Waters enters her world.  Augustus is in remission and a one legged, blue eyed, gorgeous 17 year old. Together, they discover new things, novels, Amsterdam....love. Things couldn't get any better...until, Cancer sucks the fun out of everything.

I give this book 4.5 stars. The Fault in Our Stars made me view things a bit differently and that is, also why I gave it 5 stars. Just like Hazel, I wanted to know how "it ends." What happens to Issac (Recently Blind)? Her parents? Van Houten?

Hazel and Gus seem to be old souls. They do not speak like the typical 16/17 year olds. I, at 28, haven't even heard of some of the words that they used but I think that in this type of story it fit. I recommend this book. Its sad. Its witty. Its metaphorical.

No comments:

Post a Comment